Are you looking for new brake pads for your vehicle? We suggest getting a quality set of aftermarket brake pads instead of OE parts. There are a few aftermarket brands, including Akebono, that outperform OE units. In this post, we’ll compare Akebono brake pads to OE brake pads.
OEM Brake Pads Vs Aftermarket Brake Pads
OEM brake pads are solid, quality brake pads designed for daily driving. Yet, they’re pretty expensive. You would be paying a premium price for average brake pads for daily drivers. You could get so much more value for your money with a set of quality aftermarket brake pads.
Not all aftermarket brake pads are created equal, though. It’s true that OE brake pads are generally the safer option. Yet, the right set of aftermarket brake pads can be a much better investment than OE brake pads.
Akebono Is One Of The Best Aftermarket Brake Brands On The Market
There are some aftermarket brake pads that don’t deliver as much value as OE pads. There are some aftermarket brake pads that are leaps and bounds better than OE products. The best way to end up with a better pad is to go with a reputable brand.
We’re brake pad experts who have evaluated hundreds of different brake pads. We can affirm that Akebono is among the best brands for brake pads.
Akebono is an established brand that’s also a pioneer in the brake parts industry. To be more specific, Akebono is known for blazing trails in ceramic friction technology. Akebono’s brake pads feature a proprietary mixture of ceramic formulations. These formulations bring a slew of benefits that put Akebono brake pads well above their OEM counterparts. These benefits include:
- Longer rotor life
- Longer pad life
- More stopping power
- Less dust
We carry three different top quality Akebono brake pads. Let’s see what each one is all about.
1. Akebono Pro-ACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pads
Akebono formulated the Pro-ACT brake pads to produce as little noise, dust, and vibration as possible. This contributes to the Pro-ACT brake pads’ ability to outperform OEM brake pads. The Pro-ACT brake pads provide the ultimate braking experience over OEM pads because:
- The friction material produces much less noise, vibration, and dust than OE brake pads
- The brake pads don’t need to be broken in because they feature enhanced initial effectiveness
- The friction material has a high resistance to fade compared to OE brake pads
- This means these brake pads last much longer than OE pads
- The stopping power is much better than the stopping power by OE brake pads
Akebono Pro-ACT brake pads are a big upgrade over OE brake pads. They’re also great for performance street driving. Get your very own set of Akebono Pro-ACT brake pads from us today!
2. Akebono Performance Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pads
If you’re looking for brake pads that can handle aggressive braking, look no further than the Akebono Performance brake pads. OE brake pads are not suitable for aggressive braking. So if you have a towing vehicle, a performance vehicle, oversized tires, etc., you need performance brake pads.
Akebono Performance brake pads will serve you well for a long time. They’re a massive upgrade over OE brake pads for the following reasons:
- Akebono Performance brake pads provide much better stopping power than OE brake pads.
- This is a big deal when you have a towing vehicle, a performance vehicle, or oversized tires. You want to be able to stop on a dime. OE brake pads can’t do the job, but Akebono Performance brake pads can.
- Akebono Performance brake pads provide great stopping power when towing or hauling heavy loads.
- Akebono Performance brake pads produce less noise, vibration, and harshness than OE brake pads.
- They feature heavy duty backing plates.
These brake pads will fit exactly the same as OEM brake pads.
3. Akebono EURO Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pads
If you have an European vehicle, a set of Akebono EURO brake pads will be a huge upgrade over OE brake pads. The award-winning environmentally friendly ceramic friction material is made to European specifications. These brake pads provide the following benefits over OE brake pads:
- Less dust
- Longer rotor and pad life
- Better brake pedal feel
- Better braking power
- Shorter stopping distances
If you have any questions about Akebono brake pads, you’re welcome to contact us.