Occasionally, there are products that fail due to a manufacturer defect. BuyBrakes.com will assist with all warranties provided by the individual manufacturers and according to their policies.
Generally, warranties cover defects in materials and workmanship for the purchased part only. Damage from abuse, installation errors, tuning problems, or other equipment failure is not covered nor are claims for labor. It is at the sole discretion of the manufacturer to repair or replace defective merchandise. Labor, car rental, replacement vehicle, personal transportation, and/or shipping are not covered under any warranty. This is the responsibility of the customer.
Brake Rotor and Pad Wear or Mileage Claims
Refunds or credits are not available for brake pads or rotors that wear out sooner than expected unless the specific brand states on our site that it is covered by a specific time or mileage warranty. There are too many variables as to why friction components may wear seemingly too soon, therefore refunds, exchanges, or credits are not available.
Please contact customer service for more specific details.
How Do I Make A Warranty Claim?To make a warranty claim, please follow these steps:
- Call BuyBrakes.com Customer Service at 800-853-3599. Let us know the BuyBrakes.com part number, order number, and the specific defect.
- We will check the order history to confirm the date the item was purchased and determine if the item is still under the manufacturer's warranty time limit.
- BuyBrakes.com will assign a Warranty RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- Prepare a brief description of the defect. Remember that this is necessary for the manufacturer to evaluate the damage and determine the best course of action (Repair/Replace/Return).
- Pack your return in a sturdy shipping carton using indestructible packing tape. Please do not ship the item in the original retail box, as they were not designed for the stresses of shipping.
- We will advise you where to send the package for the claim.
- Make sure to keep a record of the returning shipment. BuyBrakes.com cannot be responsible for the returned items until we have signed for the packages.