We want to ensure your experience with BuyBrakes.com is the best it can possibly be. We also want to make sure you get the parts you need, as customer satisfaction is a top priority. If you're unsatisfied with your order and wish to return it, follow our guidelines below for a hassle-free return.
If you have a question we haven’t covered here, please contact our customer service department - we're happy to help!
Can I return a part?
To get a refund on your order, contact us within seven days of receipt (888-257-7149) and ship back new, unused item(s) within 30 days of purchase.
Are there any exceptions?
Yes. Used, installed or special-order items may not be returned.
How should I return a part?
There are a few steps to this process.
- Contact us at 888-257-7149 to describe the issue and get your RGA (return goods authorization). The RGA is good for 30 days. We will not accept a return without an RGA.
- Pack the part(s) in the original manufacturer's packaging with all items including the instructions, tags, etc. All returns need to include original packaging and all related hardware.
- Please do not ship the item in the original retail box, as they were not designed for the stresses of shipping. Instead, pack the box containing the return parts in a sturdy shipping carton using indestructible packing tape.
- Write the RGA on the outside of the box with a thick marker. Any product shipped back to BuyBrakes.com without previous authorization will be refused and the customer will pay return shipping charges.
- Send your return to the warehouse address we give you at the time we issue the RGA. We may have you send it back to the factory or specific warehouse depending on the product.
- We strongly advise purchasing shipping insurance and tracking as BuyBrakes.com cannot be liable if the package never arrives.
What about international orders?
BuyBrakes.com does not accept returns for international orders.
Can I refuse an order?
We recommend accepting the shipment and returning as normal. Refused shipments will result in a 20% restocking fee.
Can I exchange parts?
You are welcome to exchange new, unused parts within 90 days of purchase to receive store credit for a future purchase. Contact us for an RGA number before you ship your parts back to us. You may not exchange special order items.
What qualifies as a 'special order' part?
Special order items include those that are painted, specially finished, machined, or built specifically for your vehicle such as a Big Brake Kit or two-piece brake rotors or items that are not shown on our website.
Do you accept claims for labor?
No, we do not.
Can I cancel an order?
Yes, but you must call to speak with one of our reps. Email cancellation requests will not be accepted. Orders ship quickly, but if your item(s) haven’t been loaded on a truck we will cancel it. Once the order is shipped, the normal return policy applies.
What if I receive the wrong part?
Call us ASAP (within seven days of order receipt).We’ll sort out the issue to get you the correct part. However, if the mistake was yours, normal return policy applies and a 15%-35% restocking fee will be applied to all non-defective returns. You are responsible for return shipping fees, too.
If you live in the continental US, take advantage of the BuyBrakes.com Perfect Fit Two-Way Shipping Guarantee. Talk to one of our brake experts about fitment, place an order, and know that the parts will fit and ground freight charges will be covered.
Can I return or exchange a part for any reason?
Typically, yes, so long as the part is not used, installed, or damaged. If you have any questions, give us a call.
Is there a restocking fee?
Yes, BuyBrakes.com issues a 20% restocking fee for all non-defective returns. Exceptions include:
- Brembo - 35% restocking fee
- Centric and StopTech Cryo Treated rotors - 25% restocking fee
- StopTech Big Brake Kits - 30% restocking fee
Who pays for return shipping?
If you are responsible for the mistake, you’ll pay. If we are at fault, we’ll cover the cost of return freight.
How many days does it take for returns to process and receive my refund?
3 to 6 business days. Once we receive the return it takes approximately 3 business days to process if the proper procedures were followed plus a couple of days for the refund to transmit into your account.
What if I receive a damaged or defective part?
Contact us immediately at 888-257-7149. If a product is defective, we’ll get you a new part through the manufacturer's warranty policy. If the damage is a result of shipping, let us know that, too. These situations do happen, and we are experienced in resolving damage claims. Be sure to save all the boxes and packaging material for inspection by the freight carrier.
What if my return gets lost? Will I still receive a refund?
No. Shipping insurance and tracking is strongly recommended.
What if I was gifted the part and I want to return or exchange it?
Typically, we can make an exchange. But, only the original purchaser may return it for a refund. Call us if you have any questions.
What if I need to return a part under a warranty claim?
Contact us with the part number, order number, and specific defect and we’ll work with the manufacturer to get you a new part. Visit our Warranty page for more details about these claims.