Customer satisfaction is our top priority. We want to ensure your experience with BuyBrakes.com is the best it can possibly be. If you're unsatisfied with your order and wish to return it, please follow our guidelines below.
How long do I have to request a return?
30 days from the date you received the item. Items must be perfect and in new and sellable condition.
Are there any exceptions?
No. Used, installed, special-order items, or international orders (outside of the 50 US states) may not be returned.
Do I have to request a return authorization (RGA) before I send it back?
Who pays for the return shipping costs?
The customer pays the return shipping cost unless the return is due to our error, then we will pay for the return shipping.
What if I found my part number on Google (or other search engine) and I ordered it and it doesn't fit?
Contact us we will gladly sort out the issue of it not fitting, but you will need to pay the freight back. To get you the correct part, you need to do a part search from within BuyBrakes.com or call into a sales representative to find the part for you. We can't guarantee data on Google or other search engines. Part number look up for many vehicles are loaded with exceptions to normal data rules.
What if I receive the wrong part?
Contact us and we will gladly sort out the issue to get you the correct part.
What if I receive a defective or damaged part?
Contact us immediately. If a product is defective, we’ll get you a new part through the manufacturer's warranty policy. If the damage is a result of shipping, let us know that, too. These situations do happen, and we are experienced in resolving damage claims. Be sure to save all the boxes and packaging material for inspection by the freight carrier.
If I return an item is there a restocking fee?
Yes, BuyBrakes.com deducts a 20% restocking fee on all non-defective returns. Exceptions include:
- Brembo - 35% restocking fee
- Wilwood - 30% restocking fee
- Centric and StopTech Cryo Treated rotors - 25% restocking fee
- StopTech Big Brake Kits - 30% restocking fee
- Big Brake Kits cannot be returned due to fit, it is up to the customer to check/verify wheel fitment diagram before ordering.
What if I was gifted the part and I want to return or exchange it?
Typically, we can make an exchange. But, only the original purchaser may return it for a refund. Call us if you have any questions.
How do I return a part?
- Contact us to describe the issue and get your RGA (return goods authorization) number. The RGA is good for 30 days.
- Items must be perfect and in new and sellable condition.
- Pack the part(s) in the original manufacturer's packaging with all items including the instructions, tags, etc. All returns need to include original packaging and all related hardware.
- Using a sturdy box, pack your return with packing material and use packing tape to seal the box. We do not recommend shipping returns back in the original retail box, as they were not designed for the stresses of shipping.
- Write the RGA on the outside of the box with a thick marker.
- Send your return to the warehouse address we give you at the time we issue the RGA. We may have you send it back to the factory or specific warehouse depending on the product.
- We strongly advise purchasing shipping insurance and tracking as BuyBrakes.com cannot be liable if the package never arrives.
How do I cancel an order?
You must call to speak with one of our reps. Email or text cancellation requests will not be accepted. Orders ship quickly, but if your item(s) has not been loaded on a truck we will cancel it. Once the order is shipped, the normal return policy applies.
Can I refuse an order?
Call us first. We will advise the best approach for the situation. Refused packages are considered an unauthorized return (no RGA number). Any product shipped back to BuyBrakes.com without previous authorization will be refused
What qualifies as a 'special order' part?
Special order items include those that are painted, specially finished, machined, or built specifically for your vehicle such as a big brake kit, two-piece brake rotors, or items that are not shown on our website.
How many days does it take for returns to process and receive my refund?
3 to 6 business days. Once we receive the return it takes approximately 3 business days to process if the proper procedures were followed plus a couple of days for the refund to transmit into your account.
What if my return gets lost? Will I still receive a refund?
No. Shipping insurance and tracking is strongly recommended.
What if I need to return a part under a warranty claim?
Visit our Warranty page for details.