Returns & Warranties
- Return & Exchange Policy
- How do I return an item?
- My order was damaged in shipment.
- You sent me the wrong item!
- Defects & Warranty Policy
- How do I make a warranty claim?
Return & Exchange Policy
(This does not apply to special order items, special orders are not returnable) Special order items include product that has been painted, specially finished, machined or if we order for you an item that is not shown on our website.
We understand that buying mail-order can be filled with uncertainty. That's why BuyBrakes.com provides you with a easy 30 day satisfaction guarantee. If you find that you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, give us a call. If we are at fault we will set up a return, and you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price of the returned items minus shipping charges. No claims for labor. Make your return within 30 days of the date on your invoice. Please keep the product in its original unused/uninstalled condition.
- No-hassle returns for 30-days for unused, uninstalled parts that have not been special ordered, machined or painted or finished to spec.
- Returns requested after 30-days will be for credit on a future purchase only. No returns after 90 days. No claims for labor.
- RGA numbers are good for 90-days. No returns after 90 days.
- Returns are not accepted for International Orders.
How do I cancel an order?
**YOU MUST CALL IN and speak to a representative to officially cancel an order. Orders CAN NOT be canceled by sending us an email.
Orders are processed immediately to each shipping warehouse, therefore it is almost impossible to cancel an order before it is shipped. Please double check your order before it is confirmed. If we can cancel the order before it ships then there will be a $25 fee to cover processing fees.
How do I return an item?
In order to properly process and expedite your return, please follow these instructions:
- Contact Us or call our Customer Service Department at 888-257-7149 for an RGA (Return Goods Authorization). Let us know the BuyBrakes.com Order Number and reason for return. You will find your order number on your invoice copy.
- BuyBrakes.com will issue you an RGA (Return Goods Authorization). Please write this number on the outside of the shipping package so we can correctly process it in the Return Department.
- Re-pack your return in a sturdy shipping carton using indestructible packing tape. Please pack it in the original manufacturer's packaging with all items including the instructions, tags, etc. All returns need to include original packaging and all related hardware. Please return only items that have not been installed. Please do not ship the item in the original retail box, as they were not designed for the stresses of shipping.
- Any product shipped back to BuyBrakes.com without previous authorization will be refused and the customer will pay return shipping charges. Also, no claims for labor.
- Send your return to the warehouse address we give you at the time we issue the RGA. We may have you send it back to the factory or specific warehouse depending on the product.
Make sure to keep a record of the returning shipment. BuyBrakes.com cannot be responsible for the returned items until we or our agents (factory or warehouses) have signed for the packages.
- You are responsible for return shipping charges. BuyBrakes.com also cannot be held responsible for any items lost or damaged in shipping.
- A 15% restocking fee will be applied to all non-defective returns. Exceptions include Brembo branded products which are subject to a 35% restocking fee, Centric and StopTech Cryo Treated rotors with a 25% restocking fee and StopTech BBKs which are subject to a 30% restock fee. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
- Please allow the usual banking time for refunds to appear on your credit card statement. Often this will be one month. BuyBrakes.com does not accept COD's on returns.
- If you paid by Credit Card, credit will be applied to the card used to place the original order. Please check the date on the credit card originally used. If the card is expired, the credit will not process.
- If you paid via PayPal, credit will be applied to your PayPal account used to place the original order. PayPal refunds take approximately 2 weeks.
- If you paid by check or money order, please allow 2 weeks after the return is processed to receive your refund check.
My order was damaged in shipment.
All items that are shipped out from BuyBrakes.com are in new and unused condition. If a package is delivered to you in damaged condition, you have the option of refusing delivery of a package with obvious damage. If you do receive a damaged package, please call BuyBrakes.com Customer Service immediately at 888-257-7149. We will contact the Delivery Company and file a damage claim. BuyBrakes.com will arrange for the Delivery Company to pick up the damaged package. Do save all boxes and packing material for inspection by the freight carrier. Once a damage claim is made and accepted with the carrier, a claim number is generated. At that time BuyBrakes.com will work on re-processing the order for the lost or damaged items.
Please call us when you need assistance in resolving a damage claim. We want this to be as painless as possible. Theses situations do happen and we are experienced in resolving damage claims.
You sent me the wrong item!
Please call us immediately regarding any mistakes on your order. We need to hear about problems within seven days of order receipt. It also helps us to maintain accurate inventory for all our customers. No claims for labor.
You gave us a correct part number and we made a mistake:
- If an item is missing, make sure and finish checking your order before calling. Inspect packing materials carefully for smaller items. It is easy for small items to get wrapped up in the packing material.
- Let us know which item(s) you received incorrectly or were missing. We will go over the situation with you.
- We will find the simplest, fastest way to resolve our mistake. We will reimburse return ground freight on any mis-shipped items the fault of BuyBrakes.com if we are also supplying the part to correct the mistake. If you do not give us the chance to supply the correct part, we can not reimburse you for the freight cost to get the wrong part back to us. We want this to be corrected as simply as possible.
You placed your order, or gave us on the phone, an incorrect part number(s), or perhaps you just decided it wasn't what you wanted:
- Call us up. Let us know the Order number and BuyBrakes.com part number(s) in question.
- BuyBrakes.com will issue an RGA (Return Goods Authorization) number. Return the product using your choice of carrier; we recommend a carrier that offers tracking and insurance.
- Please be aware that we cannot be responsible for returned parts until there is a BuyBrakes.com confirmation signature with the carrier.
- Parts must be in original packaging. No returns on parts that have been installed. Please do not use display boxes as shipping cartons.
- A 15%-35% restocking fee will be applied to all non-defective returns. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
- You are responsible for paying return freight on returns that are not the fault of BuyBrakes.com.
Defects & Warranty Policy
Occasionally, there are products that fail due to a manufacturer defect. BuyBrakes.com will assist with all warranties provided by the individual manufacturers and according to their policies.
Generally, warranties cover defects in materials and workmanship for the purchased part only. Damage from abuse, installation errors, tuning problems, or other equipment failure is not covered nor are claims for labor. It is at the sole discretion of the manufacturer to repair or replace defective merchandise. Labor, car rental, replacement vehicle, personal transportation, and/or shipping are not covered under any warranty. This is the responsibility of the customer.
Brake Rotor and Pad Wear or Mileage Claims
Refunds or credits are not available for brake pads or rotors that wear out sooner than expected unless the specific brand states on our site that it is covered by a specific time or mileage warranty. There are too many variables as to why friction components may wear seemingly too soon, therefore refunds, exchanges, or credits are not available.
Please contact customer service for more specific details.
How do I make a warranty claim?
To make a warranty claim, please follow these steps:
- Call BuyBrakes.com Customer Service at 800-880-6241. Let us know the BuyBrakes.com part number, order number, and the specific defect.
- We will check the order history to confirm the date the item was purchased and determine if the item is still under the manufacturer's warranty time limit.
- BuyBrakes.com will assign a Warranty RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number.
- Prepare a brief description of the defect. Remember that this is necessary for the manufacturer to evaluate the damage and determine the best course of action (Repair/Replace/Return).
- Pack your return in a sturdy shipping carton using indestructible packing tape. Please do not ship the item in the original retail box, as they were not designed for the stresses of shipping.
- We will advise you where to send the package for the claim.
- Make sure to keep a record of the returning shipment. BuyBrakes.com cannot be responsible for the returned items until we have signed for the packages.