StopTech Sport Rotors are also available with an optional cryogenic treatment. Although cryogenic treatment is invisible to the naked eye, many fleet customers are sold on its ability to extend the service life of the brake rotor. Deep cryogenic treatment is a one-time process that permanently improves the performance and wear characteristics of metal components, from brake rotors and engine parts to machine tools and gear sets. All new StopTech Sport Rotors may be ordered with cryogenic treatment for an additional fee.
Stoptech Cryo Treated Brake Rotors
A Technology from Endurance Racing to Add Rotor Longevity
- Cryogenic Treatment Reduces Residual Stress, Adds Longevity
- Ideal for Truck and Tow Vehicles, Pursuit and Fleet Vehicles
- Increased Initial bite and Wet Weather Response
- Double Disk Ground For Consistent Friction Surface
- Superior Resistance To Cracks From Thermal Stress
- Black E-Coated Non-Friction - Corrosion Protection
- Slotted and/or Drilled Versions Helps Evacuate Gasses/Dust/Heat
- Direct OE Replacement Sizing For Perfect Bolt-on Fit
- Directional Curve Vane Designs On Selected Apps
- Cryo Treatment Can Be Performed on Any StopTech or Centric Rotor
- Cryo Treatment Generally Cost About $30-$40 More Per Rotor
- Please allow 7-10 business for Cryo Treatment before shipping
The Best made Better
If you need something a little tougher than a regular StopTech Rotor but don't want to spend a lot on a Big Brake Kit then just upgrade to the Stoptech Cryo Slotted Brake Rotors. The Stoptech Cryo Slotted Brake Rotor has all the same great features of the Stoptech Rotor but is cryogenically treated giving it unmatched durability against warping and cracking. The black E-Coating helps resist corrosion caused by moisture and other elements. The slots on the Stoptech Cryo Slotted Brake Rotor helps push gasses, dust, and heat away from the rotor giving you increased braking performance and efficiency.
Stoptech Cryo Rotors are gradually cooled to -300°F and then slowly returned to room temperature and then heat cycled. How does that make the Stoptech Rotor stronger? The Cryo Treatment on the Stoptech Cryo Slotted Brake Rotors redistributes residual stress in the rotor which pretty much means that it's one of the toughest rotors you can get.
With all brake components including your new Cryo Rotors we recommend having a Certified Mechanic install them and perform the proper break-in procedures to ensure that they function properly, and efficiently.
Note: Any new Stoptech Brake Rotor can be cryogenically treated before being shipped to you. Please allow an extra 5-10 business days for Stoptech to perform the Cryo Treatment to your new Stoptech Slotted Brake Rotors. If you have any questions please call 1-888-257-7149!